3/23/2008

Cherish your children

Last week my friend Rachelle talked about an afternoon with her kids on the balcony. She had a list of stuff to do but chose her kids first. She has a post on her blog about the sweet moments they shared and reminded us all of what is important. I thought it was sweet and agreed with her. Today I was reminded in a much worse way of how precious time is, especially with our children. My cousin’s little 5 yr. old boy was diagnosed on Friday with Leukemia and died today on Easter. He was a happy, healthy little boy with no forewarning of this disease. When I found out, I held Isabel and cried. I have toys strung all over the family room, dishes in the sink, and piles of laundry. I don’t care. I can’t stop looking at Isabel. My heart goes out to my cousin. I’m grateful for our savior and pray he offers his comfort at this time. I hope we all cherish the moments we have. To the Pritts and Walker Families- our thoughts are with you.

3 comments:

Rachelle said...

I'm so sorry for your family. Death has an amazing way of putting things into proper prespective. IT makes me want to wake my kids up and hug them right now.

R. Jeffrey Davis said...

Amen and Amen!

The Jerman Family said...

Lindsay, great job on your blog! It was great to see you in FL.