

Now let me tell my side of the story. For some unknown reason, I had it in my head as a little girl that I would try and be the son my father never had. I even put relish on my sandwhiches because that is how my dad liked his. I asked him every year if I could go hunting and his response was always that I was too young. I finally got him to put an age on when I wouldn't be too you. 12 years was my goal. My twelth birthday came and I told him this was the year he said I could hunt. Oh but wait, I was then told I couldn't possibly go hunting without my hunters safety license. So that was the year that I outshot all the boys in my class and got the license. I was ready for the next year. So in the fall of my thirteenth year I approached my dad and asked him if I could now accompany him hunting. His response, "There is no way I'm taking a young woman camping with a bunch of dirty men." Oh yes, that's right. To this day I have never been hunting. Now here's the ironic part. I now have a husband who would love nothing more than for me to make the hunting trek along side him. Infact, he and the kids ventured out for a few days just last week. Of course I had Weston as an excuse for staying behind, but frankly I didn't really want to go. Maybe it's because I'm running on an average of 4 hours of sleep each night, or perhaps the thought of the cold making my milk engorged boobs ache that soured my desire. It could also be that cleaning up the guts of a large animal is no longer appealing to me. I don't enjoy killing beautiful animals and I rarely eat red meat so I also have ceased to see the point in hunting. Our kids are too little to hunt so it was more like a very cold camping trip for them but they had a blast and you can tell they loved it by the pictures below(and yes, Isabel looks like our little obese clown!) I felt a little left out when they got home and told me all about it but even still, that didn't change my desire to go. Then I realized, when it came down to it- All these excuses were just that. The trip was a lot of work for Marc and frankly, I just didn't have the umph for it!
2 comments:
I agree with you on the hunting and eating meat part. Its crazy how much red meat I used to eat! Of course back then I didn't like fish so my options were limited.
I am so glad you are back to blogging. I like the updates. I hope I will be getting to see you at Thanksgiving. But with a little one I know how things can change!
Hey I didn't get that email. Good to know I am Dad's favorite. He he! Your kids look awesome in their old-school snow suits.
Nice title for my new blog :)
Post a Comment