4/04/2010

Thoughts on Conference & Easter

I hesitated to post this because I try not to be too personal on my blog and I have a sister that complains when people brag about their spouses. But, I thought this had a nice message. So far one of my favorite talks of conference has been the one on womanhood and motherhood by Elder M. Russel Ballard. I find myself getting caught up in the world and have to remind myself what is most important. I am lucky enough to have a husband that is so supportive of me as a wife and mother. I don't know what I 'd do without him. He wrote me a beautiful poem for Easter and I felt like it kind of went along with this talk. Plus it's a nice Easter message. So, despite it being a personal letter to me, I thought it was a great message to all Mothers. Here it is...

This time of year a rabbit comes with gifts, and treats, and toys
And all these things he passes out to awaiting girls and boys

With sparkling eyes and happy hearts they wait all through the night
For their part of the Easter gift they feel will bring delight

But Easter is much more, I think, than what the children see
It also is a time to think of a place called Gethsemane

To quietly remember all that shows our Savior's love
And the sacrifice of He who watched with anguish from above

As the father of my family I struggle on this day
To give my children joy from gifts while still showing them God's way

But luckily I have a friend, the best one that I know
Who always plans and works so hard to help our children grow

She give the things to make them smile, that brings laughter to us all
And I can see the loved that's shared as they run quickly down the hall

But she also teaches them to pray, to love and help each other
And most important is the example she sets of our Elder Brother

For the good things that I see in them don't all come naturally
They are the result of what she's done, and will endure eternally

So this day I wish to say to you, my companion, my wife, my friend
That I am the luckiest man alive because our love will never end

So please take these simple words that I send to you with love
And know that He who watches down is smiling from above

And remember though the work you do won't garner you much pay
It is the most important work that could be done this day

5 comments:

StephNyd said...

Wow. That was really beautiful. I didn't know Marc had a talent of writing poems. Reminds me of Nate and some of the poems he has written me.
Good job Marc. Made me cry Linds.

Now- onto another matter... who is this sister you speak of that doesn't like it when wives brag about husbands? Certainly not me! ;)

Michelle Davis said...

Ha ha! That sister is totally me. You didn't read my blog did you cause I sorta did the same thing? This isn't what bugs me- it's when the same person puts a message on fb every other day about how wonderful her husband is. I just think maybe she'd be better off telling him instead of all her friends.

I didn't know Marc had talent. Tell him I wanna poem.

Julie said...

Nice job Marc, I ran it off and took it to Grandma and she thought it was wonderful! She is grateful that her granddaughter is so loved and well thought of. Keep it up.

fauxy said...

What the... husbands write poems to their wives? That's amazing! Marc is quite talented.

Mason Family said...

Love it! You have an awesome man! :)