12/04/2011

Year in Review- Part Two

VAIL!!!
Poor Marc has to do continuing education every year for work.  It's a rough situation since they are held at fun places and his work covers the cost.  haha.   I have found tagging along is one of my favorite things to do.  It's the one time of the year when I get a break from everything.  Marc included!  While he is in class, I get to lounge, read, workout, shop- whatever meets my fancy.  Then we get to enjoy one on one time at places we wouldn't normally go when he his done.  Even though Vail was awesome, it is definitely not a place we would go otherwise. Mainly because we have amazing skiing here, and the pricing is little over our heads.  We quickly realized that when they wanted 28 dollars a day to park our car at the hotel that was already charging us half our mortgage payment!  
Even though the snow is just as good here, I was impressed with the size of this resort.  It seemed to keep going, and going, and going.  I don't think we even covered half the resort. 
I had to laugh that when we went for a 'finer' dining experience, Marc still ordered the cheapest thing on the menu even though he wasn't paying for it.  That's my man!
Best thing after skiing- a nice hot tub!
These two pictures were actually the most non-steamy pictures I could get!
This picture doesn't do justice- so so beautiful!
Snow Days!!
What's winter without a few good snowmen and kids bundled to the point that it makes moving difficult?
This one kills me.  Just love this little dude!


Tender moments...
The pictures were all blurry, but this dude is starting to get a mean snowball throw.   I think him and Isabel teamed up against Dad for almost a whole hour.
Even little Ninja joined the fun.
The final project....right at dusk:)

This next picture was from a night bowling, but this is the only picture I really liked.   Here's to the girls.
Of course, we can't forget daddy-daughter ski day.  It's one of my favorite days of the year.  Park City as usual and the snow was great!  My speed wasn't too shabby either!  I come closer every year to wearing a helmet.  I'm afraid I might not have a choice once the kiddos start though.
Dad's ski girls.
Taking advantage of a warm winter/early spring day to run around at the Gateway
Apparently Marc found us asleep like this.  Must have been a long day....

As soon as Spring hit, we looked for some outdoor fun.  Grandma Mary is so great.  She is always ready to come out and play with us and the kids.  Plus, with all her Grandma passes to places, we have lots to choose from.
Bird Watching out in Farmington
Our search for some frogs too...
This one is such a great big brother.  It's so nice that we are starting to have an extra helping hand.


The ZOO
Grandma Mary is so great with the kids.  She is so attentive.  She always goes out of her way to make sure she spends a day with every Grandchild.

No comments: