7/17/2010

Parades, Parades, & more Parades!

We headed up to Kaysville on the 3rd for their annual parade with the Blackburns.  Really it was mostly about the kids collecting candy but, they had fun.
This is Drayton and Gabe.  Everyone knows that I am a sucker Mr. Dray.  He's got the sweetest voice and the dreamiest eyes.  But don't let that fool you-he's the toughest kid I've ever met.  Him and Gabe have been good for each other- one calming the other wihile the other helps get rid of whimpiness. They are really becoming the best of buds.
Even Weston joined in the candy gathering.
Davis, Kierra, and Bel
The next day we were on our way for the infamous Richfield parade.  I loved the fact that we only had to leave 10 minutes before the parade started and there was no camping out or worries about having a good spot.  We enjoyed some detailed information on someone of the parade icons, including one man who enjoyed visits with his grandma.  I cracked up to say the least.
I just can't get enough of this kid's smile.  He did pretty good considering he was cutting his first two teeth.Bel got excited about the big tank because apparently that is what her father is driving!

I don't get to sit with my kids on drives very often so I took advantage of Marc's parents driving and enjoyed some time with the two of them. Although I'm not sure Marc's dad would have let me drive even if I begged!  Typical man! The funniest thing about my Richfield experience was the park afterward.  They were selling fried candy bars!  As if the candy bar wasn't clogging your arties enough on their own. Seriously, who buys them?  They had a booth where you could get just about anything fried and I just couldn't get over the shock.  I felt death lingering even as I read the sign!

Last but not least, we were actually IN our own parade.  That's right, the Days of 47 children's parade.
Our stake was invited to do a float.  Bel was super excited beforehand but I think a bit disappointed that all it entailed was walking and waving in the heat.  She really wanted to throw candy.  It was worth it though because they had a great bounce around party amongst other activites afterward that was completely free.  We did face painting, crown making, and fishing. Since we were the first float, we got most of the activites to ourselves.  In and out is my kind of play!  Our float was 'Painting the Pioneer Spirit'- hence our super sexy painting costumes!

2 comments:

Diana and Fam said...

How fun! Who doesn't love parades!? Love the face painting!

StephNyd said...

Wow- lots of parades for sure! Hannah and Lacey want their faces painted like Bell's now...could you arrange that? :)