7/28/2010

San Diego

Well it's about time for this post.  We had our second ever family vacation since we've been married and really our first where we were able to go for longer than 4 days with Marc's schedule.  I think we felt obligated with Marc leaving and all but it actually ended up going better and being funner than I anticipated.  We drove to California and the kids were angel travelers.  I couldn't believe it.  We're just going to say a blessing from above seeing as how Weston barely tolerates driving to Provo! So here were some of our activities:

California Adventure Park- our least favorite but we already knew it would be since we aren't big theme park people. It was still fun but our favorite part of the day was the pixar parade. Totally cool.Ensenada-This was our favorite day. Beautiful drive, cheap stuff, and fun to show our kids around a different culture. We visited la bufadora (the blow hole), rode horses on the beach, and the kids liked picking out their souvenirs. I personally loved the fact that our entire family rode horses for an hour for only 30 dollars! Can't beat that!

Sea World- You can never go wrong with that. Enjoyment for all ages, right?


Boat ride and museum tours. Sounds a bit boring but we loved it. Probably because the museums were really retired boats. We toured an aircraft carrier, submarine, and what Gabe would say ' a pirate ship'. Did you know that an air craft carrier is as long as the empire state building is tall? Pretty nifty. After being on the submarine, I've realized that is one job I would never wish on anyone- no matter how cool it is to be underwater. It looked like cramped misery to me.

Hiking and beaches- We did the beach a little differently then most. We headed out on a little hike, walked down a huge rock cliff and then decided to swim in our clothes/underwear. It was unique and I think that's what i loved about it. We won't mention the near death experience Marc and I almost had when we got the bright idea to climb up on a rock island while the tide was coming in. Let's just say we both got sucked under and smashed up against the rock. You might call it stupid but I prefer naive!

Let's not forget the pool!


 

Baseball game- It's not very often we get the chance to go to a major league baseball game and it just so happened it was military kids day. All the kids got a free helmet.

All in all it was the best hoorah we could have asked for before sending Marc off to the other side of the world.

2 comments:

Diana and Fam said...

Sounds like a ton of fun!! Glad you got to do a family vaca. Cute pics too!

StephNyd said...

I've been waiting to hear about this trip. :) Glad you guys had such a good time.