The Kids
The Moms
Excited Bella
Hesitant Little Bud
Who had Marc wrapped his little finger within an hour!
 |
| The Whole Fam |
I didn't have high expectations for this reunion. I figured Weston wouldn't know Marc and then the day before he came home, Gabe decided he didn't want to go to the Airport. Apparently, this is a really normal reaction for kids his age. He understood enough to know he was gone, but not enough to understand why. Fortunately, a very somber Gabe at the airport, melted away as soon as he saw his dad. Weston was hesitate at first but within an hour, he acted as if no time had passed and actually was already preferring Marc over me! Isabel was my gem during this all. She was constantly drawing pictures for Marc while he was gone and would cuddle up with me at night and tell me how much she missed her daddy. We had fun together making our welcome home signs and as you can see in the pictures and videos, she was the first to run to Marc. She is definitely a Daddy's girl and a very tender spirit at that. Thanks goodness Marc could tell that we all loved and missed him.
We spent the rest of the evening doing all the things that the kids had missed doing with dad. We jumped from one activity to the next as the kids scrambled to fit everything in. It was an amazing night.
Sand Castles
Jumping (lots of 'new tricks' to show off)
Horsey
Fort Building
Story time
8 comments:
Very cool pictures
Made me tear up Linds. So glad he is home.
So glad he is home.: ) Made me cry watching that video!! What a cute little family you have Linds!
I can't even imagine what you all went through. Just reading this made me cry! Glad he is home safe and sound!
Love it. :)
That made me cry! Welcome home Marc! I am so happy you are all back together again! Love you guys!
I'm so glad that you guys are back together as family. Tell him thanks for the service to our country!
K I just watched the video and am also crying - so amazing. I can't imagine how that was having him gone - what an amazing man, strong enough to serve our country. Love you guys!
Post a Comment