11/06/2009

Bad mom! Bad! Bad!

I just realized that tomorrow is Isabel's birthday. I knew it was this week but Saturday kind of snuck up on me and I have nothing planned for her. I didn't think it would be a big deal but now I feel terrible. We've already put her to bed and she has no idea it's her birthday. I didn't get her all excited to wake up in the morning. You know that feeling you had when you were a little kid and you could hardly go to sleep the nights before big events like christmas and your birthday? Yeah, well Isabel won't get that this year. I've decided not to tell her and just pick a day to celebrate. She's already missed the night of anticipation and my day is booked tomorrow anyway. Even though she won't really know the difference, it somehow just doesn't seem right. Oh well, at least now I have offered a public confession of being a terrible mom. Plus this is in no way a reflection of my love. I still love her cute guts!!!

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

HAHAHA...I'm sure this has nothing to do with the fact that you have a little guy who is stealing your nights (and sleep).

Diana and Fam said...

Well I know that you are a GREAT Mom and no one is perfect so your excused! Like you said she will still get to have all the excitement. Have fun with your little birthday girl! You could also blame it on the lack of sleep!

Michelle Davis said...

So when are we going to celebrate it? Zachary needs to call and sing to her.

StephNyd said...

I feel so awful Linds. We had her at our house on her birthday and no one even said anything to her. I did say something when you brought her back to the shower at Tracy's though. I feel bad. Let me know when you do celebrate it though because we have a gift for her. :)

Rachel said...

No sleep, new baby, life is crazy. It happens. Kids are so happy just to have a party. It doesn't matter when. :)