11/16/2009

One Tough Chick

We just celebrated my Grandma's birthday and I wanted to do a little tribute to her. She hasn't had the easiest life. As an only child, she lost her mom at 16, a child, her dad in her 40's and now recently her husband. She's always been itty bitty at barely 5 feet but has always held her own. Recently she was beat by a mugger but was able to walk away from the fight. Okay, she wasn't really mugged but by the looks of the picture she could've been. She really just had a bad fall but her daughter named her the indian fighter anyway. I think she's tough, and I think it's cool she use to hunt. Mostly though, I just love that I've been lucky enough to have her in my life and to be spoiled by her. I'm grateful that my kids now get to enjoy her and I hope she has many years to come!! By the way, the last picture is only 1 year old. Doesn't she look great! Happy Birthday Nan!!


1 comment:

Michelle Davis said...

I didn't know she fell that bad. Ouch. I also didn't know she used to hunt. Hey I noticed a new family picture on your sidebar. You should post bigger ones.