2/20/2010

Christmas 2009

This is probably the best Christmas we have ever had. Mainly because we actually felt like a complete family. We've never had Gabe on Christmas before, so this is the first time we've seen Isabel and Gabe open Christmas together. They were adorable. We didn't actually have Gabe on Christmas this year either but because they are just little enough, we pretended it was Christmas a day earlier. With so many parties during the month, they didn't think twice about going to Grandma's the next two days for more Christmas festivities. We decided to start some of our own Christmas traditions and we loved it!!!! On Christmas eve (the eve of the 23rd) we had the kids decorate their own stockings. Then we made cookies for Santa and feed for the reindeer. The reindeer feed was set outside along with some glow sticks to light up the way for them. The kids thought it was the greatest. We read a few Christmas stories and they got to open one gift which is usually pajamas but this year it was swimsuits as we announced our vacation in June to them. The kids were pretty psyched. The best way to tell about Christmas morning is through the videos. I'm sure our kids were like most - about ready to jump out of their skin. My favorite moment of the morning though was the hulk hand fighting. Of course their favorite gifts were the ones they asked for- Gabe was his 'way cool gun', and Isabel was candy!
Can you believe Weston's talent?






Papa Kim came to enjoy the excitement but instead found the cutest cuddle bug!



All the grandkids lined up at Grandma Vics on the 'real' Christmas.

Our annual Christmas party with the Kohler family was delayed until after Christmas due to the Nebraska team. It was a blast as usual. I managed to get a few shots of the kids sledding and one of the gorgeous scarves Nan gave all the girls. This is the least amount of pictures I've ever taken around the holidays. I guess it's hard to hold a baby and camera. I regret to say that there are no photos of our gingerbread house competition with the Blackburns or any of the Davis party. However, we have the memories and loved seeing all of our families. Thanks for the good times everyone!!!


3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Isabels hair looks cute straight (the pic with them decorating stockings. And Weston's talent! You better start saving up for Waterford!

StephNyd said...

Oh look! A picture of my girls. :) I guess I should look through my Christmas pictures, I haven't even touched them let alone done a post about it. oops. Cute Christmas post. :)

Michelle Davis said...

I forget your blog is private. I'm glad I wasn't the only one with the delayed Christmas post.