Who ever knew that moving could be so injurous! Is that a word? Anway, with Marc's schedule, the moving process has been left to me for the most part. I don't want to down play Marc. He has come home after working 36 hours straight and helped. Still, his 80 hour work weeks have left me with a lot. I didn't mind, but much to my dismay, I have to admit that men are better lifters and movers. I decided that I could back our moving trailer into our driveway, take down the gate, and load it up my self. I was successful in all areas but the gate. The metal gate on the back probably weighs around 150 pounds and apparently that was a little more than I could handle. Hence, injury number one. It slammed down on my leg, which was smart on my behalf because better my leg than throwing out my back. Still, it was enough to take my breath away. I stood there for about 15 minutes unable to move and then it continued to throb for the next two hours. I consider myself fairly tough so I didn't care. That is, until I continued to move boxes. I couldn't rest the boxes on my thigh anymore. This led me to injury number two. I was attempting to carry a large, heavy box into our new house and my finger caught on the door way. I felt it catch but it was too heavy to try and rearrange my grip and I didn't want to rest it on my leg to regrip so I let it tear. I have now spent an entire week moving and I am still living out of boxes and life feels very caotic. Needless to say, I have lost the battle with moving!9/02/2008
Moving- 10 points, Lindsay- 0 points
Who ever knew that moving could be so injurous! Is that a word? Anway, with Marc's schedule, the moving process has been left to me for the most part. I don't want to down play Marc. He has come home after working 36 hours straight and helped. Still, his 80 hour work weeks have left me with a lot. I didn't mind, but much to my dismay, I have to admit that men are better lifters and movers. I decided that I could back our moving trailer into our driveway, take down the gate, and load it up my self. I was successful in all areas but the gate. The metal gate on the back probably weighs around 150 pounds and apparently that was a little more than I could handle. Hence, injury number one. It slammed down on my leg, which was smart on my behalf because better my leg than throwing out my back. Still, it was enough to take my breath away. I stood there for about 15 minutes unable to move and then it continued to throb for the next two hours. I consider myself fairly tough so I didn't care. That is, until I continued to move boxes. I couldn't rest the boxes on my thigh anymore. This led me to injury number two. I was attempting to carry a large, heavy box into our new house and my finger caught on the door way. I felt it catch but it was too heavy to try and rearrange my grip and I didn't want to rest it on my leg to regrip so I let it tear. I have now spent an entire week moving and I am still living out of boxes and life feels very caotic. Needless to say, I have lost the battle with moving!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Ouch Linds! I didn't know all of that had happened and I've even seen you twice in the last two days. I would've cried my eyes out if either one of those happened to me, you are much tougher than me and have always been that way.
And I thought MY injuries were bad. Ouch! Where were your parents? What about all your brothers? They should have been around to help.
OUCH!! You are one tough chick! I wish I was there to help you...or serve you ice cold beverages and cheer you on. I'd even bring you Cafe Rio!
The joys of moving!!! I have moved us a couple of times when Josh was having to work, that is not fun at all! You are one tough woman! Way to go!
Post a Comment